If you are a relative or close friend to a child or children whose parents are unavailable due to illness, service in the military, incarceration, or another reason, you may find you need temporary or permanent custody of the child or children so that you can ensure their safety and handle various critical matters surrounding their care, such as schooling and health care. We will outline your options for you, which include the preparation of a Caregiver Authorization Affidavit for shorter term situations when parents are willing and able to assign these rights to you temporarily, temporary guardianship when parents are unavailable but expected to return, and permanent guardianship when circumstances require that you seek the care and custody of your grandchild(ren) until their adulthood. In any case, we can assist you in navigating through the extensive paperwork required by the court, as well as the court process itself.

Contact us

    *I understand the use of this form for communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.